Considering adopting a GSP?
If you are considering adopting a German Shorthaired Pointer, please take a minute to read more about the breed's temperament and personality.
If a GSP is the right dog for you and your family, please complete our online adoption application. Our adoption application is not a binding contract. It just provides us with information about you and what you are looking for in a pet. This helps us to make the best matches possible.
All of our adoptable dogs are spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated, microchipped, and will have begun some basic training.
How Does the Adoption Process Work?
1. The first step in an adoption with MAK GSP Rescue is to complete an adoption application, which you can submit.
2. Once your application has been reviewed, one of our rescue volunteers will contact you via phone or email. Please be patient with us as we are an all volunteer organization.
3. We will contact your veterinarian in regards to your pets history with routine health care and overall responsibility with pet ownership. In some cases, your veterinarian will require your permission to release the information that we need.
4. If the phone interview and vet check are acceptable, the next step in the process is to arrange a date and time for a volunteer to come to your home to perform a home check.
5. Once all of the above steps are completed and the home is approved, MAK GSP Rescue will endeavor to match the right dog to the right family.
6. The length of time the adoption approval process may take can vary on the schedules and availability of the volunteers and the applicant. PLEASE BE PATIENT!
Under 6 months, $300
6 months to 7 years, $250
8 years and up, a donation